Dewan Mohammad Ahsan Habib, in short Mr. Ahsan is working for Bangladesh Betar (Radio) at the traffic FM desk holding the chair of Deputy Director. The organization is the only state owned audio mass media in the country for about 160 million people. His designation gives Ahsan the responsibility to operate the Traffic Broadcast Service (Traffic FM 88.8) for the dwellers in Dhaka city. In fact, FM 88.8 is the first FM service in Bangladesh starting its operation from 26th May 2005 targeting the youth listeners of Dhaka and Mr. Ahsan is the deputy in-charge of this iconic channel.
Ahsan was involved in clickteesside the online radio station at Middlesbrough, UK and also worked as erstwhile Radio Producer in BBC Media Action, Bangladesh office for 1 year in 2014. Being the Radio Producer at BBC Media Action, Ahsan worked in-depth for one year on the climate change issues of Bangladesh.
Ahsan received his professional learning from Teesside University, UK and completed Master of Arts in 2013. His specialization was on Multimedia Public Relations. Media is Ahsan’s passion. He has keen interest on media laws of Bangladesh, multi-media story telling, radio production, media research and also on film making.
Mr. Ahsan achieved “Gold World Medal” for editing radio documentary on Climate Change issue in 2008. Titled “Living on Insecure Ground: Fight against natures’ power” Organized by New York International Radio Festival, USA. The result is available at here. Bangladesh Betar and Deutschewella Radio jointly produced this programme.
The focus area of this radio documentary was the Gaibandha zone at the northern part of Bangladesh, where people are most vulnerable to recurrent flood attacks. In this radio documentary, Ahsan and Mr. Peter Koppen from Deutschewella radio tried to figure out how the innocent rural people in a remote village/char land of Bangladesh become the victims of widely articulated climate change issue. Although in their findings, rural people are not responsible for the cause despite they are the stakeholders who had to pay the maximum cost. For listenning the programme pls click on the following link:
Ahsan received UNDP Award for presenting paper on “Promoting Integrity and Reducing Corruption in Bangladesh”, Organized jointly by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP ) and Bangladesh Public Administration Training Centre (BPATC) in 2006.
It was an open competition financed by UNDP among 180 fresh civil servants from around 28 cadres of Bangladesh Civil Service. In this essay, a young civil servant depicted his vision to minimize grand corruption in the public sector and bring maximum out come from the investment of tax payers’ money in Bangladesh. Word limit for this essay was 1800 only. However, for reading the article please click the link below:
Research and Publication:
সুপ্রভাত ঢাকা: অনুষ্ঠান নির্মাণ সহায়িকা | Suprovat Dhaka: Programme Production Manual : The book is published on January 2020 by Bangladesh Betar. Mr Ahsan worked as Executive Editor for this book. The book contains 714 pages with compilation of contents for radio and television prograamme production. The ISBN number of the book is 978-984-34-8110-8
জনমত বিনির্মাণ : গণমাধ্যম প্রেক্ষিত | Engineering Opinion -Mass Media Perspective : This is a research article published in the Journal of National Institute of Mass Media, Ministry of Information, Vol-3, Year 2019. Total words limit was 5000, Language: Bangla. For reading please browse: http://ahsan-habib.com/opinion/
বিশ্বায়ন ও সঙ্গীত আর অডিও মিডিয়া | Globalization, Music and the Audio Media: This is a researc article on the globalization of music and the audio industry in Bangladesh titled “Bishayon o songit ar audio media”, Published in the periodical publication of Bangladesh Betar named Betar Bangla, December 2017, Language: Bangla, For reading please browse: http://trafficfm.org/2017/12/13/music/
ট্রা.স.কা-ইভের গল্প | The Story of TraSKa-Ive: Article on the innovation in Bangladesh Betar (Radio) titled “TraSKa-ive Er Galpo”, Published in Betar Bangla, December 2016, Language: Bangla, For reading please browse: http://trafficfm.org/2016/11/07/traskaive/
ট্রাফিক তথ্য কনিকা | Information Manual of Traffic Rules: The book is published by Bangladesh Betar in May 2016 and Mr. Ahsan worked as Editorial Member for the publication. The book contains 141 pages. The book compiles all the existing traffic rules for Dhaka City, with objective to create more awareness for the pedestrians in Dhaka on traffic issues.
প্রবণতায় আবর্তন | Probonotai Aborton: Research article on the evolving trends of radio content in Bangladesh titled “Probonotai Aborton”, published in Aunoronon, Vol-4. Publication of the “Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) Information Radio Officers’ Association for Welfare”, published date: April 2016. Language: Bangla. For reading please browse: http://trafficfm.org/2017/07/23/probonota/
Training, Workshop and Conference Attended:
- Presented paper on “Radio programme production for the ethnic minorities in the plain land of Bangladesh”, Training Room, Head Office, Bangladesh Betar, January 2019.
- Training on Innovation in Public Service, Bangladesh Betar, Head Office, December 2017.
- Participated as member of Bangladesh Delegate team in 16th AIBD General Conference August 2017, Male, Maldives.
- Participated as Organizing Member in the Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union Conference on Climate Change, May 2017, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Training on Interactive Radio Programme in Radio, Bangladesh Betar Head Office, February 2015.
- Workshop on Climate Change and Disaster, International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD), July 2014.
- Basic First Aid Training, Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS), July 2014.
- Management Training, BBC Media Action, Dhaka, Bangladesh, June 2014.
- Training on Performance Appraisal for Managers, BBC Media Action, Dhaka, Bangladesh, May 2014.
- Presented paper on “Use of Social Media in Campaign Journalism” at the Stephenson Auditorium, School of Arts and Media, Teesside University, March 2013.
- Programme production for Children and Women welfare, National Institute of Mass Communication, November 2011.
- Training on Radio Programme Production Technique, National Institute of Mass Communication (NIMC), October 2009.
- Training on Environmental Management and Sustainable Development Course, Bangladesh Public Administration Training Centre (BPATC), May 2009.
- Training on Digital Audio Recording, Editing and Broadcasting, National Institute of Mass Communication (NIMC), September 2008.
- Presented radio show on “Living with the Forces of Nature” jointly with Peter Koppen, Deputy Director, Deutsche Wella Radio, German Cultural Centre, Dhaka, Bangladesh, October 2007.
- Training on Production of Child Development Programme, National Institute of Mass Communication, May 2007.
- Training on Modern Office Management Course, Regional Public Administration Training Centre, April 2006.
- Civil Service Foundation Training Course, Bangladesh Public Administration Training Centre, September 2006, Completed successfully.
- Information Service Foundation Training Course, National Institute of Mass Communication, December 2005.
- Presented paper on Folk Music at the auditorium of National Institute of Mass Communication, November 2005, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Presented paper on Role of Electronic Media for the Development of Bangladesh, July 2005 at the auditorium of National Broadcasting House, Shahbag, Dhaka.
Training Resource Person/ Facilitator:
Ahsan worked as Training Resource Person on the following topic:
- Public Service Broadcasting Industry in Bangladesh, Venue: National Institute of Mass Communication.
- Radio Industry in Bangladesh and the future, Venue: National Institute of Mass Communication.
- Producer Expectations from Recordist and Audio Editors, Venue: National Institute of Mass Communication.
- Group Production Activity, Venue: National Institute of Mass Communication.
- Basics of Radio Editing, Venue: National Institute of Mass Communication.
- Script Writing for Radio Production, Venue: National Institute of Mass Communication.
- Production of Documentary and Interview Programme, Venue: Head Office, Bangladesh Betar.
- Radio Magazine Programme Presentation and Production, Venue: Head Office, Bangladesh Betar.
- Content Selection for Magazine Programme, Venue: Head Office, Bangladesh Betar.
- Programme Presentation and Audience Attraction, Venue: Head Office, Bangladesh Betar.
For contacting ahsan email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.